Kevin Gill Show Episode #88
Host: Wrestling announcer Kevin Gill
Guest: Teddy Hart
Release Date: April 15, 2016
– On his reputation: “A lot of the stories and a lot of the hype is just stories and hype. I really want to show the fans substance I love the business, and my reputation is something I really want to work on changing, so people feel more comfortable, the fans that spend so much money keeping this great sport alive, and all the fans listening out there, feel more comfortable putting the Teddy Hart name out there as a name they want to see in WrestleMania, a guy they want to see wrestle Triple H or Brock Lesnar, or go to Lucha Underground..stuff like that.”
– On cats: “One of the things I wanted to get credit for is: I sold cats. And I made a lot of money, creating a breed of hypoallergenic cat!”
– On his relationship with Konnan: “If I’ve done all this stuff, and I’m supposed to be Konnan’s enemy, than why am I at his house with his wife and him, having dinner. And why does he come to my house during Christmas, with his wife? When he rarely travels! You can ask anyone who knows Konnan, going home to enjoy his family is more important than staying on the road for a prolonged period of time, plus he goes to AAA every single week! Ask Vince McMahon to come spend Christmas with you! Konnan is as busy as Vince McMahon!”
– NXT Cruiserweight Tournament: “I would love to see Stephanie McMahon and Triple H man up, one time, and say we give you another chance… not to be under WWE contract, but to do some matches on NXT so people can watch me, and I can make their guys look great!”
“Does Triple H have the balls to put Teddy Hart on NXT? Thats the question I ask Triple H. I’ve never said a bad word about you. I think you’re one of the best wrestlers for the last 15 years, if you put Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Teddy Hart in a triple threat match, it would be better than the Chris Benoit match and it would happen right now. Even right now, Triple H is in better shape than he was before, and he’s watching NXT all the time so his mind is getting better for what wrestling really is.”
– On Colt Cabana in WWE: “One of the best workers ever. Colt Cabana’s so good, he did a gimmick in Wrestling Society X called ‘Matt Classic’ (allegedly)…Colt Cabana is one of the baddest wrestlers i’ve ever seen. I was in the dojo with him. I was in the WWE with him. He’s a mic guy, a charisma guy, a move guy, a character guy.. He can do anything, and you guys couldn’t find a spot for him?”
– The Top 5 wrestlers in the world: “Will Ospreay is the future of wrestling.
The best independent wrestler crossed with WWE wrestler is John Morrison, he’s done an awesome job.
“The best wrestler overall I’ve ever seen right now is Ricochet. Because Ricochet does every move in the world, and he’s wearing a mask now. which he never had a mask on before. He’s the best wrestler in the world.
That’s in the whole world, in the history of wrestling. Put Ricochet #1, Neville #2, and put Tyson Kidd with a broken neck at #3, because of his memory and his ability to make guys look good, El Generico #4, and Samuray Del Sol (Kalisto) #5. You can switch that order anytime. I’ll still keep A.J. Styles in the Top 10 of best wrestlers in the world,” because of the matches he can have on the main WWE roster.
– John Cena: “You cannot say that John Cena is not a better wrestler than he was three years ago.”
Past episodes of the Kevin Gill Show include in-depth conversations with Mick Foley, Jerry Lawler, Vampiro, Kevin Owens, Colt Cabana, Enzo and Big Cass, Doc Gallows, Sean Waltman, Scott Hall, Lars Frederiksen (Rancid), Sonny Sandoval (POD), Violent J (ICP), and many more!