School Of Morton – Dynamite Kid and Dick Slater (Quick Recap)
Release Date: 01/03/19
Running time: 31 minutes
Recap by: Joe Aguinaldo
On this episode of the School Of Morton Podcast, Ricky talks about the following subjects:
- Ricky Morton’s memories of working with the Dynamite Kid in a tag match with the Bulldogs in the AWA.
- Stories of Dick Slater, how fast he could drive and a hilarious story about getting attacked by fire ants.
- Getting a talking bird drunk during a party hosted by Wahoo McDaniel.
- Working with Gino Hernandez early in his career and how good he was on the mic.
- Dynamite Kid being ahead of his time in America as well as the Guerrero’s (Hector, Chavo and Mando.
- Being part of the York Foundation.
- The podcast ends with Twitter questions which can send to @RealRickyMorton and topic include:
- Ricky’s record and musical career
- Working in MSG being one of his biggest goals to perform
- Rating restrooms in arenas
- Memories of Bill and Scott Irwin,
Rating – 7.5/10
Even though this was a short podcast, I really enjoyed this episode compared to the last two months. The stories about Dynamite, Slater and Wahoo were hilarious and showed how wild it was back in the ’80s. Ricky covered a bunch of topics and kept it fun. And I did not know Ricky had recorded a record (this was covered on the first Twitter question from the fans). And while he did push his school and brand, he kept that to a minimum this month. Definite recommend.
Joe is a long time wrestling fan from Toronto. He is a co-host on the Pull Apart Podcast with Jeff Rush and Caitlin Lavelle as well as a contributor to www.pwpodcasts.com. One of his life goals is to be a guest host on one of Wade Keller’s post-show podcasts. He doesn’t consider himself any sort of expert, he just likes wrestling. Check him out on Twitter and Instagram @ja113.