Prime Time With Sean Mooney – Best of 2018 Episode
Release Date: 01/02/19
Running time: 3:40
Recap by: Joe Aguinaldo
DIRECT LINK TO LISTEN/DOWNLOAD
On today’s episode, Sean does a 2018 year in review of some of the podcasts he had this year as well as twitter questions from the audience.
Year In Review interview clips:
- Sgt Slaughter – How Vince pitched him the idea of the Iraqi sympathizer gimmick for his heel turn.
- PCO and his heat with the Kliq back when the Kliq was in its heyday. He specifically mentions Shawn Michaels and Kevin Nash (although it sounds like that hatchet has been buried and they’re all good with each other).
- Wendi Richter talking about the original screwjob with Fabulous Moolah (this was also covered in a previous recap that you can find here.
- Edge and Christian on how they met. Sean had done separate interviews with both and compared their two stories. You can find these recaps on the pwpodcast site at these links: PTWSM – Edge Podcast, PTWSM – Christian Podcast
- Jamison and how he was discovered by Vince McMahon at an improv show which helped him become co-host for The Bobby Heenan show. Check out more here.
- Lex Luger talking about the death of Miss Elizabeth.
- Demolition being interviewed in a car and what it would take for them to accept being inducted into the WWE HoF. They also talk about how the Demolition gimmick came about.
- Sid Justice working WrestleMania but not realizing it was WrestleMania, why he left the WWE, his relationship with Hogan and how signing WCW was the biggest mistake of his career.
- Tim White talks about his friendship with Andre The Giant and Andre being nervous during the Princess Bride premiere. Tim also talks about working the infamous Hell In A Cell between Mankind and Undertaker.
- Jimmy Korderas tells a story about knocking himself out at WrestleMania 4, Owen Hart ribs and being in the ring during the Owen Hart’s death.
- Jeff Jarrett talks about his relationship with Owen Hart, his legendary ribs and his in ring ability.
- Marc Mero telling the story of how he met Sable.
- Horswoggle weighs in on being Vince McMahon’s bastard son and wishing he would have asked Vince more questions about the business.
- Nick Aldis talks about the build up to the All-In event.
- Marty Scurll and the evolution of the Villain gimmick
- Conrad Thompson and how the idea for Starrcast came about.
- What is was like not working with pants during the Edge And Christian Show That Reeks Of Awesomness.
- Who the nicest person was at the WWE.
- Drinking with Lord Alfred Hayes.
- Sean’s top 5 songs.
- How Sean has stayed awesome over 30 years which turned into a discussion about parenting and staying humble.
- Similarities and differences working in news compared to the WWE.
- Getting Gary Strydom on the show.
- Having his sister in the audience during the Prime Time Wrestling tapings.
- Whether a Sean Mooney Action figure will ever come out in 2019.
- The hardest he’s laughed or broken up laughing while working.
- John Tenta Stories.
- Who he would want to induct him into the WWE HoF if that happens.
- Funniest person to be around in the WWE.
- Which wrestlers got the biggest pop and when.
- Thoughts on ECW.
- Wrestlers who genuinely scared Sean.
Rating – 8/10
I tend to like year in review shows when done well and really liked this one. I had heard a number of these podcasts throughout the year and can’t disagree with his choices (well maybe except the Wendi Richter one). That said, overall, this was an excellent podcast. My only other critique (and it’s a small one), is that the Q&A might have been a tad long, especially given the length of this podcast but other than that, definite recommend.
Joe is a long time wrestling fan from Toronto. He is a co-host on the Pull Apart Podcast with Jeff Rush and Caitlin Lavelle as well as a contributor to www.pwpodcasts.com. One of his life goals is to be a guest host on one of Wade Keller’s post-show podcasts. He doesn’t consider himself any sort of expert, he just likes wrestling. Check him out on Twitter and Instagram @ja113.
Be the first to comment